Established in 1787, York College of Pennsylvania is a private, four-year college located in the city of York, a hub of arts and industry between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Housed on 190 picturesque acres, the College is known for its focus on experiential learning and community engagement, serving over 3,500 undergraduate and 400+ graduate students in more than 70 baccalaureate majors, along with 30+ professional graduate degree and certificate programs. Deeply rooted in the liberal arts and recognized for excellence in its professional business, education, engineering, and nursing programs, York is ranked among the nation’s Best Value Schools by U.S. News. The College’s robust recreation and athletics program is among the best in the region, and is home to 24 NCAA Division III sports teams and 30+ intramural sports. A Princeton Review Best Northeastern College, York prides itself on its experienced, engaged faculty; its high-impact and student-centric philosophy; and its long-standing commitment to affordability and accessibility.
Graduate and Professional Programs Mission
Graduate and Professional Programs (GPP) provide professional learning opportunities that help students develop skills, progress in their careers, and earn advanced degrees and certificates in their fields. Our programs achieve distinction with our practical online instructional modalities, our emphasis on experiential learning in professional contexts, and through the focused attention and support our students receive from our engaged faculty and academic support professionals.
Graduate and Professional Programs Vision
Graduate and Professional Programs will be the regional leader in professional learning for online learners seeking to advance in their careers in business, education, nursing and allied health, public policy, and more. Five goals orient this vision.
Goals to Achieve the Mission and Vision
- GPP enrollment will reflect robust participation in our programs among graduate and professional learners in South Central Pennsylvania and beyond.
- GPP will sustain an impactful presence in our community through meaningful engagement with regional organizations and employers in the form of partnerships and impactful clinical experiences for our students.
- GPP curricula will be offered in formats that cater to our students’ needs.
- GPP program leaders, faculty, and other stakeholders will continually renew our programs with innovative curricula and projects that respond to the evolving needs of the communities we serve.
- GPP will cultivate the appropriate organization and resources required to achieve its mission.