Established in 1787, York College of Pennsylvania is a private, four-year college located in the city of York, a hub of arts and industry between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Housed on 190 picturesque acres, the College is known for its focus on experiential learning and community engagement, serving over 3,500 undergraduate and 400+ graduate students in more than 70 baccalaureate majors, along with 30+ professional graduate degree and certificate programs. Deeply rooted in the liberal arts and recognized for excellence in its professional business, education, engineering, and nursing programs, York is ranked among the nation’s Best Value Schools by U.S. News. The College’s robust recreation and athletics program is among the best in the region, and is home to 24 NCAA Division III sports teams and 30+ intramural sports. A Princeton Review Best Northeastern College, York prides itself on its experienced, engaged faculty; its high-impact and student-centric philosophy; and its long-standing commitment to affordability and accessibility.
York College prepares its graduates for productive and purposeful lives. As a diverse community of educators and learners, we provide high-quality, private education that emphasizes personal development, close faculty/student mentoring relationships, and real-world experiences. We partner with our community for the benefit of both our students and the broader region. We strive to make this world-class, private education financially accessible.
York College will be the premier destination for students seeking an education that integrates career preparation with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, and will be a catalyst for positive change in higher education and in the broader community.
York College will stand apart through:
- Our graduates, known for their readiness to compete in dynamic and competitive global environments, and for the innovative spirit they bring to their life’s work;
- Our faculty, known for their expertise, engaging teaching techniques and their commitment to student success:
- Our programs, known for their academic excellence and their relevance to a world of careers; and
- Our campus and community, known for the distinctive curricular and co-curricular experiences that support student development and our commitment to economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
Goals to Achieve the Vision
1. York College will be known for the excellence of our programs, the quality of our faculty, and the distinctiveness of our students’ experience.
2. York College will achieve a robust undergraduate and graduate enrollment and provide services for student success.
3. York College graduates will be professionals who are prepared for the competitive global arena and are engaged with their alma mater.
4. York College will be a catalyst for positive change both in our communities and in the practices of higher education.
5. York College will foster mission-based philanthropy and effectively manage its resources to ensure financial strength, promote sustainability, provide financial support to our students, and incentivize innovation and creativity throughout the institution.
Goals to Achieve the Mission
York College of Pennsylvania aims to provide access to high-quality education. To reach our mission, we value bringing different voices together to share their strengths. In this diverse environment, when we create a sense of belonging and equity, we enrich the learning experience and better serve our local and global communities.
As such, York College:
- Welcomes and recognizes diversity in all of its forms and expressions.
- Encourages civil conversations across our campus to promote understanding.
- Stands up against prejudice and injustice in our college community.
- Advocates for the well-being and dignity of our community members.
- Enables marginalized identities to be their authentic selves.