The Stabler Department of Nursing offers the B.S.N. program in an accelerated format for those students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing discipline and/or completed at least 65 non-nursing college credits.
Requirements to be considered for admission:
Hold a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than nursing from an accredited institution of higher education, and/or complete at least 65 non-nursing college credits
Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater in their earned bachelor’s degree program, and/ or in current coursework
Completion of the following courses or their equivalent courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better:
- Anatomy and Physiology I with lab* 4 credits
- Anatomy and Physiology II with lab* 4 credits
- Microbiology with lab* 4 credits
- General Chemistry or General Organic Biochemistry* 4 credits
- Lifespan/Human Growth and Development 3 credits
- Basic/Elementary/General Statistics 3 credits
- Nutrition 3 credits
- Introductory Psychology course**
- Introductory Sociology course**
*Completion of these pre-requisite courses within the last five years. The Stabler Department of Nursing faculty will discuss completion time frames of longer than five years on a case-by-case basis.
**These courses are highly recommended and the Program Director will determine if these courses need to be taken based on a transcript review.