2019-2020 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist - Education Focus, M.S.N.
Clinical nurse specialists are advanced practice nurses (with a master’s or higher degree) who use evidence to support changes in practice to improve patient outcomes. What services does a CNS provide?
• Patient-centered, quality care
• Evidence-based assessments and interventions to improve patient outcomes
• Interventions that apply advanced nursing therapies, manage patient medications, and clinical procedures
• Coordination of factors that affect resource management, quality, and cost across the continuum of care
• Health promotion activities that reduce risk behaviors
• Development, education about, and implementation of best practices, professional standards, and organizational policies
• Expert resource for health care providers
• Works collaboratively with interdepartmental professionals to provide evidence-based care
• Works with populations or systems