This document provides members of the York College of Pennsylvania community a summary of the York College of Pennsylvania Student Code of Conduct. This document does not replace the full Student Code of Conduct but serves as a supportive resource document. All students are encouraged and expected to read, understand, and follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
The Vice President of Student Affairs, in conjunction with the Director of Residence Life, is the person designated by the College to be responsible for the administration of the Student Code of Conduct, conduct proceedings, and all related records. If there are any questions regarding this document or the Student Code of Conduct, please contact the Office of Student Conduct:
Student Union Building 307
The Student Code of Conduct contains the expectations and standards of the York College of Pennsylvania community. As members of the College community, students are expected to conduct themselves in positive ways that contribute to the overall well-being of the College community. The conduct process is designed as an educational one; to encourage and promote the process of self-discipline.
Summary of Student Conduct Proceedings
- Any member of the College community may file a complaint alleging a violation.
- Complaints may lead to an investigation.
- Investigations may lead to charges.
- Charges always lead to a hearing.
- Hearings may lead to sanctions.
- Students have the option to appeal after sanctions are given.
This process is outlined in detail in the Student Code of Conduct.
The College shall provide prompt and equitable conduct proceedings. All students and student organizations can expect to be treated in a fundamentally fair manner which includes the following:
- Written notice of charges.
- An opportunity to review information that supports charges.
- An opportunity to contest charges in a hearing.
- An opportunity to request an appeal of outcomes.
York College of Pennsylvania Student Code of Conduct