A private college located in southcentral Pennsylvania, York College offers more than 50 baccalaureate majors in professional programs, the sciences and humanities to its 4,200 undergraduate students. The College also offers master’s programs in business, education and nursing, and a doctorate in nursing practice. York College students enjoy a high-quality education that emphasizes practical application and a community invested in their success. The College provides a personal plan to help students focus their passions and attain their goals so they are prepared for a lifetime of meaningful careers - ready to meet the challenges of their profession and feeling confident and proud of their achievements.
York College prepares its graduates for productive and purposeful lives. As a diverse community of educators and learners, we provide high-quality, private education that emphasizes personal development, close faculty/student mentoring relationships, and real-world experiences. We partner with our community for the benefit of both our students and the broader region. We strive to make this world-class, private education financially accessible.
York College will be the premier destination for students seeking an education that integrates career preparation with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, and will be a catalyst for positive change in higher education and in the broader community.
York College will stand apart through
- Our graduates, known for their readiness to compete in dynamic and competitive global environments, and for the innovative spirit they bring to their life’s work;
- Our faculty, known for their expertise, engaging teaching techniques and their commitment to student success:
- Our programs, known for their academic excellence and their relevance to a world of careers; and
- Our campus and community, known for the distinctive curricular and co-curricular experiences that support student development and our commitment to economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
Goals to Achieve the Vision
1. York College will be known for the excellence of our programs, the quality of our faculty, and the distinctiveness of our students’ experience.
2. York College will achieve a robust undergraduate and graduate enrollment and provide services for student success.
3. York College graduates will be professionals who are prepared for the competitive global arena and are engaged with their alma mater.
4. York College will be a catalyst for positive change both in our communities and in the practices of higher education.
5. York College will foster mission-based philanthropy and effectively manage its resources to ensure financial strength, promote sustainability, provide financial support to our students, and incentivize innovation and creativity throughout the institution.